Saturday, August 8, 2015

Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers (Reissue 2015) - #190

Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers (Reissue 2015)

Now that I read a ton of comments on the web about this reissue and actually having listened to my newly acquired double LP a couple of times, I have to say it out loud:

DO NOT BUY THIS THING!

The nerve they have to issue such a substandard product is awesome. This is by far the worst "new" vinyl I bought, let me see, since ... well ... ever since I started buying LPs. I didn't believe it first, when I read other folks' opinions on this. The LP was sealed, just to put this straight, but then ... fingerprints all over the records itself, dirty like having been buried in a pig sty and forgotten for the last onethousand years and, oh, do not forget the scratches(!) all over the platters. This is supposed to be an item fresh from the factory?

Don't get me started on the way the "super" box set is done (CD only and then it cries cheapo all over). The single LP without the zipper and ... look Stolling Rones, you've proved yourself that you can milk your fans dry and that some blokes swimming in lots of money are in dire need to squeeze the last cash you can get out of your fan's wallets.

It's not youth rebelling here, it's the geriatric unit. Hope you're satisfied with your brilliant marketing ploy. I think I'm going to puke. And before I forget it, the sound is nothing to write home about either. Thin, lifeless, a complete waste of time and money.

Cheers

Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment