Monday, May 13, 2024

Dr. Feelgood - A Case Of The Shakes (LP - Testpressing) - #263

Dr. Feelgood - A Case Of The Shakes (LP - Testpressing)

I might have said it before, but here we go again. I'm not checking minutiae for Dr. Feelgood and/or Wilko Johnson releases anymore, I have better things to do in life. But the odd acetate or test pressing makes my heart still beating somewhat faster and I'm twenty years and more back in time, when it was essential to get my greedy hands on an item that wasn't in my collection yet. 



Just recently I got the B-side test pressing of "A Case Of The Shakes" ("only" the B-side) which was advertised as coming with an alternate track sequence. Which Dr. Feelgood aficionado wouldn't jump at the chance. It's UAG 30311 B, so it makes this British to the core. Unfortunately, there's no alternate track sequence, I double checked even with the Canadian release, because I thought that just maybe the seller made a genuine error. Well, the latter has a different track sequence, but this would be for the A-side only.

Now, I won't be complaining to the seller and I'm glad I was able to add it to my collection and the next thing to do is, to look for an A-side, not. No way, if I happen to stumble over one, the better for me. If not, I won't be losing any sleep. How does it sound? A bit bass heavy if I might say so. I don't recall the original to be such deep off the end.


Cheers

Roland


No comments:

Post a Comment