Saturday, August 6, 2016

Red Elvises - Grooving To The Moscow Beat - #196

Red Elvises - Grooving To The Moscow Beat

I found this CD only today in one of my local record shops and I'm asking myself, where have I been all those years? Never heard of the Red Elvises despite the fact that this release dates from 1996 and they seem to have released quite a number of albums. Looks like I'm the only one who was not aware of this band.



Strange little CD this is. You get everything from Rock-a-Billy to Tango and Country (and a lot in between). There's a bit of Russian influence present, or should I say, probably fake Russian influence? It's a bit tongue-in-cheek but not overtly so. Although you might be tempted to compare them to the Leningrad Cowboys, albeit on a small scale, you're entirely off track. There are a few guests on this release, so that gives the whole listening experience a full bodied sound. And by the time you've made it to the last song, "Romantic Junk", you're hooked.

There's even a website at www.redelvises.com

Cheers

Devon 

No comments:

Post a Comment