Thursday, June 26, 2014

Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Vinyl Box Set) - #170

Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Vinyl Box Set)

I treated myself to this 9-LP monster, because a) I do like box sets, b) to get all the Japanese live shows from 1972 in one go is just to tempting and c) at least the early Deep Purple outfits (up to around "Burn") are right up my alley. I don't go into the importance of these recordings. This is like carrying water into the river Rhine.


In fact, this is me whining about the set. The CD box comes with a DVD and I can't understand for the life of me, why those cheapskates couldn't include this here as well. Don't give me the word about costs, what with a box set that costs around EUR 130.00 in your average local record dealer's shop. I admit, I probably wouldn't have sat down watching interviews, but this is the public being led around the block with a ring through their nose.

Cheers

Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment