Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Bill Evans Trio - Everybody Digs Bill Evans - Electric Recording Co - No. 218

Bill Evans Trio - Everybody Digs Bill Evans - Electric Recording Co

Just days after I posted the apparent upcoming release of Sonny Rollins' "Way Out West" on ERC on this blog, what should I find on their website today, a new release (talk about overtaken on the right side). This time it's going to be the Bill Evans Trio's "Everybody Digs Bill Evans". And it comes in a 150 copy release (in mono). Wether they will issue a stereo version as well, I don't know, but the number of copies for this mono release points somewhat to a further 150 copy release in stereo (they did this before, when there's a mono and a stereo version, they split their usual 300 copy run in half). Also the catalogue number says ERC050M and they don't do this (the M-bit = mono - the other would be S=stereo) if not a second version is in the pipeline


The cover you see here is from an earlier pressing, I believe AP. There's no visual item on the ERC website yet. Speaking of mono, even where the Electric Recording Co has released both, a mono and a stereo version, I stuck to the mono one. This wasn't entirely due to my doing, but I just couldn't get a hand on any stereo release. Nowadays, I stick to mono (if I can). The release date, you ask? January 10, 2020 and if you want to secure a copy, you better check out the ERC website now and get your order in, this won't last long, you can quote me on this.

I suppose Sonny Rollins' "Way Out West" will follow some time later (might even be a few months now). It was (and is) a bit strange, because the last Jazz release from ERC, Kenny Dorham's "Quiet Kenny" (mono and stereo versions) was sent out in 2018 and since then, nada, zero, niente.

Cheers

Roland

Update December 3, 2019

Just read on the ERC website that this is sold out already. I did put my order in before I even wrote the above entry, so I hope I'm on the list. Your best bet now is that ERC will also release a 150 copy only stereo version.

No comments:

Post a Comment