Sunday, April 24, 2011

London Rock Group - Rock'n'Roll Anthology - #6

London Rock Group - Rock'n'Roll Anthology

As a longtime Dr. Feelgood/Wilko Johnson collector, sometimes I think I've seen it all. Except what's still missing from my collection. The odd testpressing or acetate notwithstanding, I'm talking mostly variations in catalogue number and the like. And spending the better part of my life comparing tiny details is not exactly my idea of having fun in life. Not even with Dr. Feelgood/Wilko Johnson being the subject. And then, I stumble across an item, that has me scratching my head.



London Rock Group with their LP "Rock'n'Roll Anthology" is such a thing. It is, of course, non other than everyone's favourite rockband Dr. Feelgood. And just don't think, this fact is mentioned anywhere on the cover or the label. Zero, nothing,nada, niente. And to make matters even more mysterious, this is the complete "Malpractice" LP. Nothing less, nothing more. Released, apparently in Turkey on Fiesta R 19, this cries (a mixture of) counterfeit/bootleg all over the place. I just can't imagine UA having actually licensed this for release as is. However, unless proven otherwise, I'll have it on my collection as a legitimate release.

I don't have to tell you anything about the "Malpractice" LP, that's like bringing owls into Athens or water into the Rhine. What you see here, is all the information you get from the cover and I can tell you, the labels are not much more of an information well, except that this is 33 1/3 rpm and dates from 1982. Apparently. And that it's in stereo and made in Turkey. Some additional information you can see in one of the scans. Bet you didn't know that the last song was called "You shouldn't Call The Doctor (If You Can't Afforel The Wills)"! So, now you know.



This LP has been in my collection for only a year or so and I see, that the seller is trying to get rid of another copy (or copies) on an auction platform. As far as I can tell, he doesn't seem to have too much success. Be prepared to dump some money. But even if it turns out, that this release is a 100 % genuine bootleg/counterfeit, this is still one of the most interesting items in my humble Dr. Feelgood/Wilko Johnson collection. Now, I just wonder what will turn up next in my letterbox.

Cheers

Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment