Monday, December 23, 2013

King Kurt - Destination Zululand (12") - #154

King Kurt - Destination Zululand (12")

Recently picked up at a record fair in Zurich. In fact, I had a whole load of King Kurt records in my bag. But that's not the point. When I tried to play this thing (both sides), the stylus didn't move an inch towards the center of the record. Quite to the contrary, it slipped right to the outer edge. Took me a while to realise, despite the statement on the label "put stylus here to hear", that this thing is played from the inside out.


Vinyl buying counted in decades and I've never come across an item like this. Double grooves, yes! Banded tracks, yes! But a record playing the other way round? This is a unique item amongst thousands of records here. Quite amazing really, but I suppose there's some more of this gimmick vinyl out there.

Cheers

Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment