Friday, May 27, 2011

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis – Smoking In Heaven - #15

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis – Smoking In Heaven

This trio (siblings) from the U.K. made quite a splash in 2008, when they released their self titled album. These youngster, at the time of the album, all were well below the age of twenty, did push Rock’n’Roll forward, despite the fact, that it is one of the most retro sounding albums to come my way. At first I did suspect, that the trio was only a front and the musicians had really been seasoned artists, rocking their hearts out in the autumn of their lives. I’m backrowing on this and say, I’m sorry. Kitty, Daisy & Lewis are the real deal.

Excellent music, top class vocals and a good choice of songs (mostly covers) make a very enjoyable album. Actually it was the vocals that had me suspicious. How can someone at the purported age sing like this and not sound way out of their league? Well, they can (sing) and they do (sound like the real McCoy). As far as I know, this family act even includes their mother and father. Now there’s soon a new album out, this one called “Smoking In Heaven”. Release date is May 30, 2011 and it will be available as CD, double LP and 78rpm (on a couple of 10 inches). The last format is, what I call dedication. I’ll go for the vinyl version though, as I cant play 78rpms on my turntable. On the other hand, I should think about buying a future collectable … btw, Kitty, Daisy & Lewis have already released their self titled album in a 78 rpm version.

If you want to hear good retro Rock’n’Roll, that is different yet breathes the spirit of the originals (and is, I’m not afraid to say, in some cases even bettered), have a go at the forthcoming album and get into your rockin’ mood. There are some fine videos on the www, here’s an example of what they are about. Now I’m just waiting for my copy of the album to arrive here. http://www.kittydaisyandlewis.com/



Cheers

Devon

P.S.: Just after I've finished this text, in came an e-mail, stating that the release of the vinyl is delayed and will be shipped out only about two weeks later. I'm not sure, wether this goes for the other formats as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment